Monday, June 14, 2010
Loving Like Paul
I started reading Francis Chan's book Forgotten God. I'm about half way through the book now. God has taught me many great lessons through the verses Chan has referenced. I wanted to share one verse in particular that I think pertains to Henri Nouwen's article that we read about going from solitude to community to ministry. In particular about loving others. I never thought it would be hard to love everyone around me, sure I may become frustrated at others, but I always still love them as a brother or sister in Christ. My challenge came when I read an article in the news about the pope having to apologize for priests who had molested young boys. These boys are now men and have been keeping all of this a secret their whole lives. Then I read Philippians 1:23-26 "I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me." Wow! I know that right now where I am in life I would never be able give up being with Christ to stay with men such as the priests. I realize I have a lot to learn form the love Paul had for the church. My goal for my life is to be able to one day do medical mission work. First, I have to love like Paul did so that I may be Christ to those that God wants me to minister to. I hope that this challenges you to do the same and to work toward having the same love that Paul had for the church.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment